Thursday, December 07, 2006

LET'S RECAP, SHALL WE?

November has not been a stellar month for me. I'm not sure what happened, but I definitely got off-track. At the end of October, I was down 11.8 lbs. Then all this bullshit happened:

11/8: +3.2
11/15: +0.2
11/22: would have been a loss, but I never got to weigh-in
11/29: +4.0 (damn you, Mr. Turkey!)

So, in the span of a month, I gained 7.4 lbs back. WHAT THE HELL? I have no idea what happened to me, but I was hella mad last week and decided to kick my own ass.

This week, I ate really well. There's an organic/health-food place right outside my building, and I started getting their 100% veggie soups for lunch - and they were delicious. I also had Poland Spring start home delivery so that I would ALWAYS have water - no excuses, and no more diet soda in the house. Then, I did what I needed to do: I added in a lot more exercize and got my ass MOVING.

It didn't even take very much. I did the following program:

*4 walks per day with Julip (my dog)= 2 miles
*20 mins on the treadmill every morning
*5-7 mins of ab crunches immediately following the treadmill
*5-7 mins of weight training for arms

In total, I probably did about 60 mins of exercize each day, but it was broken up into smaller/more bearable increments. I walk Julip 3-4 times a day anyhow, so that wasn't a huge change in the schedule. The other 40 minutes I did at about 10:00 every morning after I had my coffee and breakfast.

And I didn't die from it. In fact, I kind of look forward to it now. I set my laptop up on the bookrack of the treadmill, take out my Netflix movie, and watch a movie for 20 minutes while I walk. It couldn't be easier. And each week, I'm going to try and add a few more minutes.

And it paid off: I lost 3.6 lbs this week. Now I'm back down a total of 8 lbs. 3.8 lbs to get back to where I was and moving forward again. Probably two more weeks for me to do that.

I'll be going into 2007 proud that I'm a loser, not a gainer!

3 comments:

MaryFran said...

Way to go for kicking that weight gain in the ass! Your motivation and determination is great! Your exercise plan sounds like a good one. PLUS, it is becoming routine for you...that's the best part!

Anonymous said...

YAA!!! It's great that you are back on track. I've heard that exercise in the morning is the best way to keep your metabolism up throughout the day. I need to try and figure out a way to get back into an exercise routine. Seems to be much harder to do with someone else in the apartment full time. :-)

MaryFran said...

Havn't seen any new entries...I hope this means that you are just busy with the holiday seasons and not that you have stopped your journey!!!! Wishing you well!

MaryFran