Wednesday, November 29, 2006

IT WAS UGLY

Ok, I had it coming. Eating, drinking, and making merry for four days in a row does not make you lose weight. I just didn't realize how much I could gain. I'm sure most of that is bloat from the alcohol and also from my current PMS state, but still yo. I sucked ass this week. Fo' shizzle.

The one thing I did do different this time is not give in and be defeated. My normal pattern is to say, "fuck it" and blow off my meeting and weigh in and then spiral out of control until I eventually quit. This time I didn't. I forced myself to both weigh in and stay for the meeting because I knew seeing the numbers and being at the meeting would motivate me to do better. And I was right.

C and I have started this new "competition" where we see who can get the most activity points during the week. The lowest score puts $5 into our "fatty fund" and we let it accumulate until we decide it's time to spend it. At that point, we'll split the dough and get something nice for each of us. That hopefully won't involve food. Maybe a haircut or manicure or something like that.

In any case, it's motivational for us to get up and get moving and it's positive competition because we both encourage each other to do our best. C is kicking ASS, though! She's been jogging and working her thang and she's looking great. She's so motivational to me right now and I'm so proud of her. But since the jar now has $10 of MY money, I'm going to beat you this week, C!

So, the weigh-in was ugly and embarassing (hence why I'm not posting it), but I feel good about getting back on track. Feel free to drop me an encouraging note in the comments section. I could use it this week. :)

3 comments:

Carrots, Anyone? said...

"fatty fund"...is that like a slush fund?

btw, I am really proud of you for coming to the meeting, weighing in and staying. That takes guts and determination to do. You are not allowing yourself to get derailed by previous attempts, and that's awesome - probably one of the most important things you can do.

Plus, you're earning more activity points than me today - you're motivating ME!

btw, you can use my name. I shouldn't hide it. Struggle alone and fail. Struggle together and succeed. Oh, and the same goes for shopping, but whether I'm alone or not, I almost always seem to succeed ;)

see ya tomorrow!

cyn

MaryFran said...

Keep your chin up...those extra pounds are going to be GONE! I was recently talking to a friend about my bad Thanksgiving week and how I started out so good but just spiraled out of control. My friend first commended me for not giving up and then went on to remind me that this was a lesson that I needed to learn. Number one, I needed to see how fast the weight can return. It doesn't creep, it flies back on! And number two, she reminded me how difficult it is to return to a healthy lifestyle after having a few days of "freedom".

So, I will leave you with the same words! Congratulations on facing down that ugly scale (ok, it's only ugly when we gain) and keep this journal post in your mind the next time you want to cheat or not count or not exercise. Remember the negative results of such actions!

Think thin this week! Oh yeah, and rack up those AP's!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking about you tonight. Hope this week goes better than last!

I'm proud of you for sticking with it even through the tough spots.

Talk soon.
J