Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Taunia & Alli

Well kids, the weight-loss hasn't been going so well. I haven't gained anything, but I haven't lost anything either. I think I'm burnt out on Weight Watchers, although I know it's the way of life/eating I have to adhere to for the rest of my life. So I've decided to kick-start the weight loss a bit with this new product: ALLI.

It's the first FDA approved, over-the-counter weight loss pill. It's apparently supposed to have amazing results. They've been working on it for 22 years and it was finally approved and put on shelves about a week ago. Unlike other diet pills, alli doesn't affect your brain, your heart, or your blood. From my understanding, you take it with a low-at meal and it breaks down the fat and removes it from your system. This obviously means dramatically fewer calories are soaked up into the ol' intestines and you lose weight. The pills are supposed to help you lose 50% more weight than you normally would without it.

I've done some reading and research on the site and message boards and so far, it seems like a great product. There are a very few people who get some nasty side-effects, but if that happens, you just stop taking the pill. The program forces you to eat lower fat (my big problem) and a healthier diet, and also recommends exercize to help speed the process. The cost is slightly high: a 20 day supply is about $50.00.

I'm willing to give it a shot. I'm going to combine it with my Weight Watchers plan (one of the only plans they endorse combining it with) to help kick-start my weight again. That, coupled with the start of my Couch to 5K program will help move things along (hopefully).

My plan is to be down at least 25 lbs by the end of the summer. That would be kind of sweet!

I'll keep you posted of the effects and progress! I start this on Friday. :)

2 comments:

susan karim said...

hey, how is the new method workin' for ya?...i need some inspiration woman!

Flabuless said...

hi ya...I tracked you down...lol I wanted to tell you that I have added some more videoblogs to my blog http://www.findingflabuless.com/blog but I couldn't upload them to youtube cause they are too long...lol I love to talk. I hope to catch up with you soon.
:) flabuless