Wednesday, November 08, 2006

PMS, 1. DIVA, +3.2

PMS wins again.

I knew it wasn't going to be pretty, but to be honest, I expected only 1-2 lbs. 3.2 blows. I know I'll lose it this week, but it still sucks to know that every month I'll have one week of a gain and a week after where I practically starve myself to take that off and catch back up. But such is the life of a recovering fat girl.

Tonight at the meeting, our leader Jean (who's AWESOME) was asking us what was different about this time and why we were succeeding. I realized that what's different for me (as corny as it sounds) is that this time I forgive myself for gains like this. In the past, a gain like this would make me say "screw this" and be impetus for me to jam more food down my throat. Instead, I just feel motivated. I know that PMS is a force that I just cannot control and that I will just have to forgive, forget, and move on. I WILL lose it this week. I just feel motivated to continue on. It's slow, but it will happen. I just know it this time.

So just stay tuned for next week, where I will kick ass with a nice big weight loss!

3 comments:

MaryFran said...

Two steps foward...two steps back is sometimes the way it seems (at least for me). However, I have to keep telling myself that I need to add All my weeks together and I would actually come up with the saying Three steps forward One steps back.....

Your motivation is inspirational for me to stay focused right along with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey there,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm proud of you even though you did have a gain this week.

It takes a lot to stay motivated after set backs and I think that this time you really will.

Your brain is changing patterns and your body will too!

Talk soon.
J

Taunia said...

Awww, thanks gals! This week will be good, I know it. I'm glad that my emotional and intellectual weight loss patterns are changing along with my weight. After all, that's really the biggest struggle - the behavioral patterns. I really DO appreciate the support too!