Friday, September 15, 2006

LOW POINT AWESOME-NESS

Being the point-whore that I am, I'm always on the lookout for tasty, low-point eats. When I did WW a few years back, I knew ALL of the good snacks and such. I get really excited when I find something that doesn't taste like cardboard and only costs me a few points. (which probably speaks pretty dramatically about the excitement in my life right now. lol)

So, here are the latest low-point winners for me:

HEAVEN'S BISTRO : VEGGIE PIZZA : FULL PIZZA= 12.5 POINTS

I'll be the first to admit that eating vegetables is a huge chore for me. I've NEVER liked more than just a few of them, although I'm training my palette to be a little more adventurous.

But this here pizza is the answer to my veggie prayers! It's LOADED with vegetables, so you get a good 1-2 servings on your pizza. It's also REALLY tasty and filling. I'm a girl who can easily put away a whole frozen pizza, and 3/4 of this filled me up. And the best part? 3/4 of a pizza was 9.5 points!!! So far, I've only seen them at Trader Joe's, but their WEBSITE gives you locations of where to buy.

KASHI ROLL! CHOCOLATE TURTLE = 3 POINTS


Anything that says "turtle" on it, immediately gets my attention. I'm a sucker for chocolate, caramel, and nuts. Only this wasn't exactly that. But I didn't care. This roll rocked!

The outside is covered with a rice krispie and nut mixture, and the inside is a chewy, chocolate-y center. It's not as a good as a candy bar, obviously, but it's hearty and pretty damn tasty. I had it with my coffee for breakfast and it completely filled me up. I am going to stock-up on these bad boys because when you need something low-point in a pinch, these work like a charm. Kashi is also having a promotion right now for a free granola bar. Check out their WEBSITE.


KEEBLER'S RIGHT BITES: FUDGE STRIPE MINIS : 2 POINTS


In general, I'm a big fan of all of these 100 calorie pre-packaged goodies. It's already portion controlled for me, there's no thinking, and most of the time, they taste really good. These are my absolute favorite though, because they're chocolate-y good, and only 2 points for the whole package. When looking for these, you have to look in the Keebler section - not the Nabisco section, where most of the other 100 calorie snacks are.

AND THE BIG LOW-POINT WINNER OF THE WEEK IS:

ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S SMART POP KETTLE CORN: 1 POINT!!


OH. MY. GOD. I struck popcorn GOLD here! The entire bag - THE ENTIRE BAG - is only ONE POINT!! And I'm not talking one of those, "you're on a diet, here's a little tiny snack pack of popcorn" bags. This is a FULL BAG of popcorn and it's only 1 point.

I LOVE me some kettle corn, and my mom talked me into trying this. I did it begrudgingly, because I've found that most of the Smart Pop stuff tastes like cardboard to me. THIS TASTES GREAT!! IT'S AWESOME!! This is sweet is yummy and totally filling and guilt free. You can check out this product and some of their other Smart Pop products on their WEBSITE.

So there you go. Some good low-point eats for ya. I'm off to make a nice low-point lunch....

No comments: