Sunday, September 17, 2006

THE "WES" CHALLENGE!

My friend Wes commented, and gave me a great motivational challenge:

One thing that's really become clear to me through my experience and the experience of my friend is that (I know, big revelation) diet AND exercise both play a role in weight change.

So keep us posted not just on your diet adjustments but also your exercise adjustments, would you please
?

Absolutely!

EXERCISE: So far, the biggest change has been 3-4 long walks a day with my dog, Julip. I haven't really used the treadmill yet because of that, but I definitely think adding in 30 mins of uninterrupted walking would be a benefit. I'm going to make that my goal for this week. 2-3 nights of 30 min treadmill walking.

In addition, I *just* added in handweights. I'm such a weak diva right now - no strength at all, so I'm starting light a 5 lbs. I do about 10 different arm weight exercizes - all at 1 set of 10 reps right now. If anyone has better suggestions, I am absolutely open to it. Building muscle strength is REALLY important to me since I'm getting older (and weaker!)

Anyhow, go get 'em. I'll stick with you here so long as each month you either weigh less than the month before (even half a pound counts) or your clothes fit differently from the month before. Slow and steady wins the race -- go get 'em!

Now THAT is motivational! And I truly appreciate that. I have to earn my readership, and that motivates me to continue to do well and succeed. Thank you, thank you, thank you for that challenge! I'm going to post a monthly countdown at the end of the month just for that purpose. Look for that over on the sidebar!

The boy definitely understands the meaning of the word "accountability." LOL Thank you, Wes. I think these are really excellent comments, and challenge me to be acountable for ALL of the aspects of my weight loss - not just the lbs on the scale or low-point finds.

And for those of you who may not know my pal Wes, he's the premier mouth-drumming expert in the country, a world-class musician, a genius math tutor, and just an all-around swell guy. You can check out his website HERE!

1 comment:

MaryFran said...

Good, no strike that..GREAT job on the exercise! I know you won't be a 'weak diva' for long. You may not realize it until you have a moment that you have to do something that previously you struggled with and you know fly through it. Keep at it...that moment of the enlightenment will come. And when it comes the victory is sweet!