Saturday, September 16, 2006

¡MI NOMBRE ES DIVA! ¡ES UNA FIESTA MEXICANA!

Mexican food is not on the top of my list as a favorite, but every now and then I get a hankerin' for it...like last night. I had quesadilla's on the brain while I was picking up some groceries, and also found a new item that I had for dinner tonight. If you want a low-point, tasty mexican treat - this is for you!

This shredded chicken comes fully marinated in a taco-seasoned sauce. Best part? One 1/4 cup serving is only 1 point! So here's the meal I prepared. Go ahead and copy it, arriba!


SHREDDED CHICKEN TACOS WITH RICE & BEANS

TACOS:

2 Ortega Shells (2 points)
2 servings of the shredded chicken taco mix (2 points)
Diced tomato, onion and pepper (0 points - you're not using a lot here)
2 tblspoons of sour cream (1.5 points)
Shredded Mexican cheese (2 points)

TOTAL: 7.5 points

I paired this with a Smart Ones- Santa Fe Rice and Beans (6 points). I threw a little chopped pepper and onion in there for a little kick too.

TOTAL FOR THE WHOLE MEAL: 13.5 points!

If you need to cut down the points, you can take out the cheese or sour cream, or just cut the Santa Fe Rice & Beans in half for 3 points. It's still a healthy side serving with the tacos.

I actually made 4 because I was super-hungry and I had a ton of points left. They were REALLY filling and I could barely finish two of them. This is a nice, hearty meal...and if you're diggin' mexican, it'll do the trick!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your profile photo! You look cute!

Taunia said...

LOL! Thanks. It's all in the angling, baby!